It’s time to shed your winter skin, so to speak, and embrace the warmer days, brighter colours and fresh new looks this spring!
A perfect way to revitalise your complexion is to indulge in a professional Facial (when is it not!?) but if you can’t get to a skin clinic anytime soon, fear not! There are many at home products which give salon like results and they’re simple to use, even for the most novice skin care users among us.
To shop Green Beauty CLICK HERE
Spring Favourites for Glowing Skin
1. Facial Peel – Using the Madara AHA Facial Peel twice a week, will gently exfoliate your skin, leaving it glowing and very receptive to the benefits of a facial mask.
2. Facial Masking – This is one of my favourite skin treats. You can apply it so quickly and go about your business while your skin soaks up all the goodness.
Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask is lush and rich, perfect for an intensive pick me up.
3. Self Tan – I’m in love with self tanning and spray tans, I’m not going to lie! It just evens out the skin tone, makes your teeth look whiter and your eyes brighter, helps you feel a few kg’s lighter…what’s not to love about that?!
For at home, Eco Tan Cacao Firming Mousse is easy to apply and can be washed off after just one hour. It’s free from synthetic fragrances, artificial orange dyes, parabens & GMOs and gives a rich, natural colour.
Otherwise, why not treat yourself to a natural organic Spray Tan at Spray Tan Balwyn for total body, even coverage, from head to toe.
4. Highlighting – To top off your glowing spring radiance, highlighters can be used to add a healthy vibe to your skin see pic below for where to apply.
It’s quick, easy and really steps up any day/evening look.
I’m in love with this Ere Perez Versatile Highlighter. So natural, light and easy to blend, just use your finger to gently pat onto the areas you wish to bring to life.
5. My all time favourite TIP for Spring, is to applying a face oil over make up for extra radiance. We’re not talking greasy looking faces here, just a drop or two onto your palms and fingertips, then gently pressed onto the temples, cheek bones and on the forehead, exactly where you would apply your highlighter. This keeps these areas hydrated and doubles as extra highlighting.
Pai Rosehip Biogenerate Oil $36 works a treat.
As well as cultivating your outer ‘glow’ stepping up your diet and including more antioxidant rich foods, drinking more water and supplementing with targeted skin boosters, can really help you shine from within!
I’m loving Beauty Chef’s GLOW Inner Beauty Powder and Green Boost Powdered Greens which can both easily be added to fresh juice or smoothies. Green boost is equivalent to 10 serves of veg per serving which is just brilliant if you struggle to consume enough greens.
Skin Superfood Daily Food Plan
Leading nutritionist Susie Burrell has put together a skin superfood menu plan which is fabulous if you’re looking for the most skin friendly nutrition from your diet. Sounds delicious too!
Breakfast – Natural Greek yoghurt with oats and berries
Snack – Green tea with an orange and handful of nuts
Lunch – Rocket, beetroot and walnut salad with lean lamb or chicken
Snack – Low fat hommus with capsicum and carrot
Dinner – Grilled salmon with stir fried Asian Greens
Dessert – 2 squares dark chocolate
Aim to include 1-2 serves of red, orange or yellow vegetables or fruit in your diet on a daily basis. This will ensure you are getting enough Vitamin C and beta carotene, the precursor to Vitamin A while a handful of nuts, walnuts and brazil nuts in particular will bump up your intake of Vitamin E. These vitamins are not only directly involved in skin cell formation but they also act as antioxidants, helping to prevent existing cells from damage.
All worth taking on board to get your inner and outer glow on, as Melbourne prepares for our long-awaited summer! Looking good and feeling good, is really what it’s all about.